MJC Law was founded by Conor Maguire, Kate Jackson and Lauren Crow, all of whom are nationally recognised practitioners in their fields. MJC Law was established to offer a vehicle to provide expert legal advice to some of the most vulnerable in society and their families, without having to compromise for the wider business needs of a multi offering law firm.
The founders have dedicated their careers to supporting those who lack capacity to make particular decisions for themselves, those with mental health problems, and those with physical disabilities in need of community care services, as well as their families and supporters. They are passionate about championing the rights of the individuals they represent and addressing injustices where they arise. With the development of MJC Law, they have been able to focus exclusively on their specialisms, in order to give the highest quality personal service to clients.
MJC Law is supported in managing the Firm by Helen Fanning, an experienced legal practice manager.
Our Firm – Mission & Values
MJC Law prides itself on:
- The expertise of its practitioners
- The respect we give our clients
- Our determination to achieve results that will benefit our clients
- Our commitment to providing equality of opportunity for all who work with us
- Having effective systems and processes to support the provision of an excellent client service
- Being effectively managed
- To provide exceptional legal services for individuals by having a deep understanding of their requirements
- To develop and maintain open long term relationships and deliver outstanding customer service
- To create an environment that empowers individuals to thrive and exceed expectations
- Excellence – we bring market leading expertise, knowledge and intuition to deliver results that are on time and right for the client
- Straightforward – we make the complicated simple by taking a no-nonsense approach
- Practical – we take a flexible approach and provide realistic solutions that work
- Empowering – we provide the tools and support to our clients and colleagues enabling them to succeed
- Fair – we achieve outcomes that are transparent and person-centred in an environment where everyone has equal opportunities
The intent of the Directors in founding the business was to provide quality legal services to some of the most vulnerable in society. This included disadvantaged members of the local community and those suffering with mental health problems.
The work is predominately funded by Legal Aid, however, MJC Law also offers a service on a private pay basis and is continually looking to find new and creative means for clients to access legal advice and assistance. Despite the challenges of the Legal Aid system MJC Law continues to have a strong commitment to Legal Aid work and from these beliefs emerged a new Firm vision statement of intent to take MJC Law forward into the future:
‘We empower our people to enforce rights and enhance lives through the provision of expert legal advice’
The vision for the future is to be market leaders in our chosen areas of work, to maintain our good reputation in the community and to continue to build good relationships both with clients and referrers of work. The Directors’ aim is to provide strong leadership and direction, to build a sustainable organisation capable of delivering the highest quality of service and which is a stable and happy place to work.