Please note the application process at the foot of this notice. Any CVs submitted without a covering letter will not be considered.
MJC Law are a niche practice specialising in mental health, Court of Protection personal welfare work and community care. We hold 2018 Legal Aid Civil Contracts in both Mental Health and Community Care with offices in Nottingham, Leeds and Banbury.
Our three directors are eminent in their field, with rankings in Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and awards at both local and national law society level.
Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
The initial intent of the Directors in founding the business was to provide quality legal services to some of the most vulnerable in society. This included disadvantaged members of the local community and those suffering with mental health problems.
The work is predominately funded by Legal Aid, however, the Firm also offers a service on a private pay basis and is continually looking to find new and creative means for clients to access legal advice and assistance. Despite the challenges of the Legal Aid system the Firm continues to have a strong commitment to Legal Aid work and from these beliefs emerged a new Firm vision statement of intent to take the Firm forward into the future:
‘We empower our people to enforce rights and enhance lives through the provision of expert legal advice’
The vision for the future is to be market leaders in our chosen areas of work, to maintain our good reputation in the community and to continue to build good relationships both with clients and referrers of work. The Board of Directors’ aim is to provide strong leadership and direction, to build a sustainable organisation capable of delivering the highest quality of service and which is a stable and happy place to work.
- To provide exceptional legal services for individuals by having a deep understanding of their requirements
- To develop and maintain open long term relationships and deliver outstanding customer service
- To create an environment that empowers individuals to thrive and exceed expectations
- Excellence - we bring market leading expertise, knowledge and intuition to deliver results that are on time and right for the client
- Straightforward – we make the complicated simple by taking a no nonsense approach
- Practical – we take a flexible approach and provide realistic solutions that work
- Empowering – we provide the tools and support to our clients and colleagues enabling them to succeed
- Fair – we achieve outcomes that are transparent and person-centred in an environment where everyone has equal opportunities
We are recruiting a Mental Health Fee earner to assist our Director based at our Leeds office. The candidate will be based from our Leeds office, with flexible working arrangements and will primarily manage a caseload of mental health matters, but may be required to assist with other matters in the range of work that MJC Law specialises in.
You must hold the Law Society’s Mental Health Panel accreditation.
Please refer to the Person Specification and Job Description below for further details regarding this position:
We offer 25 days holiday, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for training and development in our specialisms and being part of the growth of this firm.
We are an equal opportunities employer and actively encourage applicants from backgrounds which are currently underrepresented in the legal profession.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering letter explaining how your qualifications, experience and values meet the requirements of the Person Specification and Job Description by Monday, 26 April 2021.
Please send your application to our Practice Manager, Helen Fanning using the following contact details:
Postal Address: MJC Law, Gothic House, Barker Gate, Nottingham NG1 1JU.
Interviews will be held in May 2021 either in one of our offices or via a video conferencing platform. The start date can be flexible to suit the successful applicant.