MJC Law, which has offices in Nottingham and Leeds, has introduced several new company benefits for all of their employees from September 2021 and onwards. Some of these new benefits have only been introduced in countries farther afield, such as New Zealand, and are not commonplace in the UK.
These new benefits include:
• Miscarriage leave which consists of three days paid leave for those employees (or partners of employees) who experience a miscarriage before the 24th week of pregnancy.
• Puppy and kitten leave, two days of paid leave for those welcoming a new puppy or kitten into their home as we wanted to acknowledge that our furry friends are part of the family too.
• Employer monthly contributions into the With Juno wellbeing platform where employees can select various different benefits to enhance their wellbeing.
• Enhanced paid leave for maternity, paternity, shared parental and parental bereavement leave.
• Duvet days, up to 2 days of paid leave to be taken at the employee’s discretion if a short break from work is needed.
• Birthday leave, an additional day of leave to be taken for an employee’s birthday.
• Very generous performance based bonus scheme available to both fee earning and support staff.
• Interest free loans available for staff.
• Enhanced sick leave pay.
• Enhanced pension contributions.
• Death in service benefit of 4 x salary payment.
Lauren Crow, Solicitor and HR Director said “we believe that an engaged and happy workforce is the key to our success as, after all, our people are our most valuable asset. We hope that these new benefits will help all who are part of MJC to feel supported and enjoy working here.”